Senior Client Service Support Role
- External senior client facing operational support role for the regulatory service
- Daily role is to support the service and develop effective, deep, relationships with internal and external clients providing a high-level of client service to win and retain clients.
- Requires experience and vision to quickly and competently understand the client service role and, to review and propose changes to further improve the process. An essential requirement is to have proven experience, ability and foresight to recommend improvements to further automate and streamline processes and manage effective change.
- Provide support in a timely manner for the day-to-day service with external participants to include:
- Ownership of incoming questions covering the service/ product/ regulatory topics
- Coordination of the more complex questions requiring a detailed knowledge to experts within the team
- External member firm testing and connectivity questions
- Manage the UAT and production “on-boarding” process for new firms:
- Ownership of the onboarding forms and their completion, training requirements including system demos and general coordination of client’s readiness to go live
- Responsible for the coordination and management of weekly calls with new member firms as they migrate through testing and on-boarding
- Awareness and management of legal contract renewals
- Overall management of external billing requirements to clients ensuring monthly billing codes and changes are in-line with business expectations and working with Finance to identify and address late invoices
- Active oversight of reference data issues impacting external clients, monitor and identify patterns of issues and raise accordingly. Propose solutions to commonly seen challenges with ref data
- Critical part of role includes prioritisation of incoming external emails from member firms (buy, sell side and vendors), coordination/ escalation with other internal teams where relevant to ensure timely resolution of issues and requests.
- Ensure client and compliance relelated documentation is up to date, manage periodic review of external docs (Operational manual, GUI manual, MiFID II RTS13 required documentation etc)
- Manage MiFID II supervisory instrument recalibration periodically, ensure internal reference data reflects changes in timely manner, collate and socialise changes internally.
- Manage ESMA & FCA supervisory MiFID II quantitative transparency process and address exceptions, ensure process runs efficiently. Look to propose improvements and address any internal process failings
knowledge of both the Business and Technical FIX API specs in order to assist firms with questions/ issues
- Organisation and co-ordination of quarterly the Steering Committee and Data Standards Working Group (DSWG) meetings with external member firms
- Reasonable understanding and ability to keep abreast of the specific regulations under the MiFIR pre and post transparency regime in order to manage effective communication with participating firms.
- Maintain a management level focus on training and talent management ensuring key email responses are stored in such a way as to facilitate easy reference in future. Look to create smart referencing to avoid duplication of effort in response creation
- Expectation to share/ be involved in the evolution and expansion of the services offered and revenue opportunities
- Knowledge and experience of working within the financial markets for 3/4 years operating at a senior/ manager level with experience of supporting a regulated service.
- Solid client service and relationship management skills with proven communication skills and experience of coordinating and participating in meetings both internally and externally
- Knowledge and understanding of the upcoming pre- and post-trade transparency regime under MiFIR regulation
- Experience, ability and foresight to identify process improvements coupled with the ability to implement change
- Self-motivation and “can do attitude” with ability to “learn on the job” and commitment to the task at hand is essential
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines maintaining accuracy and attention to detail is critical
- Determination to move up the learning curve and take on increased responsibilities and ownership
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of Microsoft Office including excel, powerpoint and word.
- Familiarity and technical ability to understand workflow processes and other technical components such as API and GUI based solutions.
- Knowledge of FIX Protocol messaging language advantageous
- SQL, Tableau and python skills advantageous#